Smoked Salmon and Beetroot Salad
I think this is a great dish to put together as a lovely summer meal. Great for entertaining and for a husband or wife who is coming home late from work. Just reserve the dressing until later if this is the case.
I adapted the recipe from one of Waitrose’s recipes.
It’s Packed with protein, and if you prefer, you don’t have to have the seeds, this is just an extra nutritional bonus on top.
650g Jersey Royal Potatoes (or other new potatoes)
1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
½ pack of 250g baby beets halved and sliced
100g watercress, or a handful
2 x 100g packs smoked salmon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1 tbsp chopped dill, and extra for garnish
1 dessertspoon of mixed seeds (optional)
• Wash and scrub the potatoes and cut any larger potatoes in half.
• Cook in a pan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes until cooked through
• Mean while slice the onions and place in a bowl, pour over the vinegar, set aside for 15 minutes.
• Drain the potatoes, add the sliced beetroot and drain the onions, reserving 1 tbsp of the vinegar.
• Scatter over the salad with the watercress
• Tear the salmon into strips and place over the salad
• Whisk together the reserved vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard and chopped dill.
• Spoon over the salad and sprinkle the seeds on top, adding the dill for garnish.