Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunchies
I have added these to my naughty but nice section because they are a bit of a treat, but I have made them healthier by using good quality dark chocolate instead of milk with less sugar and fat.
I have also given them a little nutritional punch by adding the sunflower seeds and used natural maple syrup and a healthier fat using coconut oil. They also contain protein and carbohydrates so perfect for keeping you feeling fuller for longer without having to eat too many, and the added cinnamon helps to keep your blood sugar more balanced.
You could eat these as an afternoon treat, or give them to your kids instead of a chocolate bar, to keep their energy levels up or as an after dinner treat…my kids love them.
They are also incredibly quick and easy to make as well.
ingredients makes 12-16 crunchies
• 3 cups of corn flakes
• ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 heaped teaspoon coconut oil
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 1 heaped tablespoon smooth or crunchy peanut butter (organic if possible)
• 100g Swiss dark chocolate 70% cocoa
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
You will need cupcake cases and a cupcake case tin
• Place your corn flakes in a large bowl.
• Melt the chocolate and coconut oil, Peanut butter together in a bowl over some hot water until melted.
• Take off the heat and allow to cool a little.
• Add the vanilla essence, cinnamon and sunflower seeds and stir making sure all the ingredients are combined.
• Pour the chocolate mixture onto the corn flakes and stir well until all the corn flakes are coated.
• Place the corn flake mixture into cupcake cases and place in the fridge for a couple of hours or more until set.